What we do
- Empower, encourage and enable people who need care and support and other staff to do things for themselves and to make their own decisions.
- Communicate options and offer realistic choices to people who need care and support.
- Build two-way relationships of trust with colleagues, people who need care and support and other stake holders.
- Commit to working with and supporting others as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with others, using detailed and appropriate communication, including handover tools.
- Understand and respect other people’s priorities.
- Adapt their approach according to the individual, situation and context.
- Develop local networks and involve other professionals when needed for additional information and support.